Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/

[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Everyone is necessarily the hero of his own life story." John Barth (1930 - )
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)

Stereotypy i historia Czego nie pamiętają Litwini
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
  Frozen      MULTILINGUAL -> Multilingual Forum of Lithuanian history Message format 

Linas
Posted 2006-02-17 01:17 (#34001 - in reply to #33978)
Subject: RE: Stereotypy i historia Czego nie pamiętają Litwini

Expert

I apologise for responding in English, although I understand Polish say 95%... the problem is that every time I try speak your language, I always confuse Polish words with Russian and my "Polish" turns out very embarassing to me So I decided - if I can't speak language properly, I won't speak it at all, until I can master it Hope you're OK with English?

Your quoted text - my experience is that such resented posture is predominant in Polish media on the subject, at least one I get a chance to read. Noble and selfless, well educated Polish missionaries brought light and culture onto Lithuanian ruck, saved them from extermination and protected from all wrongdoings - just to be treated so badly, ungratefully....

My personal view - in a marriage of "both nations" - Poland was one that prospered most. It paved it's way to become one of most numerous European nations, while Lithuanians struggled to survive as a nation. Given all these fortunate circumstances at it's birth Commonwealth still managed to become laughing stock of Europe by 18th century, sank into anarchy and eventually was disgracefully partitioned out of existance.

One interesting fact - probably 90% (definately not far from this figure) of literature composed in Lithuanian during existance of Commonwealth came from German Ducal Prussia. Many of those involved in Lithuanian literature were Germans by birth. Some say that without contribution from Lithuania Minor we'd never survived as a nation. Don't you think Poles have plenty of of their own stereotypes to break?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software