Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/

[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana (1863 - 1952), The Life of Reason, Volume 1, 1905
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)

Allans history and Volyn name - Allan origin?
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
  Frozen      FORUMS -> Beyond History Message format 

orbit
Posted 2006-03-31 23:16 (#36190 - in reply to #36178)
Subject: RE: Allans history and Volyn name - Allan origin?

Extreme Veteran

Hi Maureen,
Thanks for Your contribution into Alani problem. I'll try to explain how this problem appeared. We have very fampus legend in Lithuanian history about some Litalan who entered Baltic lands in dark ages or about this time. There is scientific theory, that alani could make some influences into our history. So, what we discuss - is the unclear name Volyn conected to Alani. I revealed that sometimes slavs make such changes - the name Olga becomes Volga, the word oblast(region) besomes voblast and so on - the add sometimes V in the begininning. So first -Volyn could have the name Olyn or Oluin (from Lithuanian - Voluin) and this one is not so far from Alani „ real alani perhaps are osetins as You stressed, but in a wide sense they are consisted of lots tribes -different names I presented in the first post. I found that in 551 year Huni (Khionites = Sarmato-Alanians), both from North of Aral Sea, become known as Avars. I've seen that avars conquered Dulebi tribe who used to live in Volyn. This gives the historical background for Volyn- Alani origin theory - but this is under sharp attac by some unpolite Lthaunian chatters. P.S. Alani reached even France - created the town with simillar name...
I hope - I'll win anyway.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software