Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/

[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The palest ink is better than the best memory." Chinese Proverb
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)

wild horse
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
  Frozen      MULTILINGUAL -> Multilingual Forum of Lithuanian history Message format 

cis
Posted 2006-09-27 16:57 (#40110)
Subject: wild horse

New user

Dear members of this Forum,

For my research at Wageningen University (Holland), since six years I am studying the history and morphology of the former (Holocene) European wild horse (Equus ferus), of which the last wild specimens lived in the 16th century in Lithuania, Poland and East Prussia. The very last specimens lived in a zoo at Zwierzyniec (SE Poland) till ca. 1800.

In relation to this study I am interested in the 15th- and 16th century zoos (or so-called menageries) of Lithuania. There must have been several, owned by the Polish and Lithuanian noblity. In two of them I am especially interested, namely the (former) zoo at Trakai and the one in the Puszcza Rudnicka, which is near the village of Rudniki (Rudninkai). Among others I eagerly like to know who its owner was and what animals lived in them.

I have tried several times to contact people in Lithuania about this subject, but all the time I got no reaction. I do not know why they did not answer. Maybe English is not the proper language in Lithuania to use for this purpose, but perhaps nobody knows anything about the subject.

Maybe in this way I can come in contact with someone who knows about it or perhaps can help me further.

Meanwhile thanks,
Cis
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software