Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/


[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]
 

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Use soft words and hard arguments." English Proverb
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)


полуостров Литовский в Крыму
[Frozen]

Moderators: Ibicus

View previous thread :: View next thread
  Frozen      ФОРУМЫ -> Форум истории Литвы Message format 
 
VirginijusD
Posted 2009-01-06 00:58 (#56958 - in reply to #56851)
Subject: Zamek Lietava



500500500500200200
Other names Lietavský hrad; 1316 Lytwa, 1318 castrum Litwa
Замок в Словакии. 8 км от Зилина. Имеет ли что нибуть общее с Литвой?
Zamek Lietava (słow. Lietavský hrad, starsze nazwy: Litova, Letava, Lethawa, Zsolnalitva) - ruiny zamku z XIII w., położone na szczycie skalnego grzebienia góry Cibul'nik (635 m), pomiędzy wsiami Lietava i Lietavska Svinna. 


http://www.castles.sk/lietava.php

Lietava Castle is the second biggest ruin in Slovakia, built presumably after the year 1241. In the beginning of the 14th century the castle was taken over by Matus Cak but after his death in 1321 it was subjugated by the army of the king Charles Robert. In the year 1360, the Bebeks got the castle and they expanded it northeastwards. Pavol Kinizi was the next known owner of the Lietava Castle in the year 1474. He swiftly proceeded with a massive rebuilding of the castle. In the first half of the 16th century Mikulas Kostka settled in Lietava castle. He scattered the king‘s army that was supposed to revoke the castle from him and later on he had a king‘s representative beaten by a stick in front of the castle‘s gate. Mikulas Kostka inscribed into the castle‘s history also because of his building activity. He built a new gate by breaking through a north circuit palisade and also built a large rondel in the east side of the castle. The next owner, Frantisek Thurzo, (from 1558) had the castle rebuilt in a renaissance style. Frantisek‘s son, palatine Juraj Thurzo, continued with the uplifting of the estate and the castle too, but after his death, little by little, the destruction of the castle beginned. From the half of the 18th century the castle is abandonded. In the 250 years of a dilapidation the castle entered the emergency state.

Edited by VirginijusD 2009-01-06 01:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page



Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

 

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2022 PD9 Software