Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/

[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do." Dale Carnegie
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)

Stone figure at the foot of Vilnius castle
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
  Frozen      MULTILINGUAL -> Multilingual Forum of Lithuanian history Message format 

Gudrun
Posted 2009-04-15 01:51 (#60722)
Subject: Stone figure at the foot of Vilnius castle

New user

Can anyone help me? I visited the beautiful city of Vilnius and while being shown around the Vilnius castle I saw a very old looking stone figure standing next to the entrance to the lift, at the foot of the hill. The sculpture looks ancient, pagan and definitely pre-castle. My hosts knew nothing about it, in fact seemed not to know it was there. Does anyone here know what it was?
Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Questions
Posted 2009-04-25 03:19 (#60939 - in reply to #60722)
Subject: RE: Stone figure at the foot of Vilnius castle

Expert

maybe you have a picture?
Aštrusis_dantis
Posted 2009-08-28 19:09 (#66939 - in reply to #60722)

Expert

Gudrun - 2009-04-14 10:51 PM

Can anyone help me? I visited the beautiful city of Vilnius and while being shown around the Vilnius castle I saw a very old looking stone figure standing next to the entrance to the lift, at the foot of the hill. The sculpture looks ancient, pagan and definitely pre-castle. My hosts knew nothing about it, in fact seemed not to know it was there. Does anyone here know what it was?
Thanks! 

Or maybye you could descirbe it? It is somwhere near? http://www.vilniauspilys.lt/eskalatorius23

Edited by Aštrusis_dantis 2009-08-28 19:15
Santa
Posted 2009-09-02 01:07 (#67123 - in reply to #60722)

Veteran

Gudrun - 2009-04-15 1:51 AM

Thanks! 

Perhaps that one, but it is not an ancient. It is creation by some one student (?) in 19??-70(?) (vergaßen ) and replaced here from “Mindaugas” square in 2000 when it was start rebuild.
Is not memorial object for this site.

()

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG0001.jpg (17KB - 26 downloads)
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software