Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/

[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct." Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881), speech, January 24, 1860
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)

Šiauliai History
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
  Frozen      FORUMS -> Lithuanian Genealogy Message format 

Erik
Posted 2009-07-23 07:15 (#64478)
Subject: Šiauliai History

Hello - I was hoping that someone could help regarding an event in my family's history. My grandfather was born in Šiauliai in 1891 and later emigrated to Germany sometime before 1914 (I believe that his family was orginally named Bartaitis). Family history is that my grandfather Wilhelm Barteit's father Adolph was killed in a brewery explosion. Recently I found my grandfather's (and his brother's as well) birth record (scan is attached). It was written in German and gives Adolph's occupation as Böttcher (cooper/barrelmaker). There is also a word on the scan near Böttcher - Gubernie. Is this a town or the name of a brewery ? This job seems to show that his cause of death as told in family history might be accurate.
Now my question...is anyone familiar with the local history of Šiauliai to prove that there was a brewery explosion some time from 1891 to 1910 ? I know it's a longshot, but maybe someone could help me since I'm based in the US and I can't read Lithuanian. Thank you.

Erik

()

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rsz_1891a.jpg (34KB - 46 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software