Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/

[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Если хочешь видеть, что было тысячу лет назад, вникай в современность; если хочешь познать огромное множество вещей, начинай их изучение с одной или двух." Сюнь-цзы
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)

Lithuanian naming madness
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
  Frozen      FORUMS -> Forum of Lithuanian history Message format 

Linas Kondratas
Posted 2009-11-27 17:19 (#72286 - in reply to #72285)
Subject: RE: Beata Šilytė-Kapelhofienė....

Elite Veteran

Linas Kondratas - 2009-11-27 12:59 PM

incognito - 2009-11-27 11:42 AM

Szillis-Kappelhoff - 2009-11-22 9:48 PM

"famous and powerfull family Kiszka. This family comes from Poland, more precise - Masovia./ Kiszka become Kiška "
Error: It´s the baltic region of Prussian Sudovians, Kiška is baltic writing, Kiszka is wrong polish writing of a baltic name. (Prussian "kiškis"/ Lithuanian "zuikis": hare)

"Butler family. Despite the fact they were Irish-German origin"
Error: In this case from prussian "buttas": house, home/ "buttelis": diminutive

Užnemunė is the Žemaitian name of a village in Memelland near Tilsit, in German Übermemel (which means the same).

Žemaitėjė in Žemaitian language (low Lithuanian), Žemaitija (high Lithuanian), Samogitia in Latin language.

Antanas Ščuka = Antoni Szczuka = Anton Schuka

What´s your problem? 

You don't understood. What's your name? Beate Szillis-Kappelhoff? If so, your real name is Beate Szillis-Kappelhoff. Would you like that some Lithuanian marasmatic with scientific degree write your name as Beata Šilytė-Kapelhofienė?

And that is not only a theoretical supposition

http://www.mazoji-lietuva.lt/article.php?article=499

Straipsnio autorė – von Beate Szillis-Kappelhoff. Taigi mėmelenderė. Jos tėvas, logiškai galvojant, bus buvęs Šylys, mama Šylienė, o ji pati, straipsnio autorė – Šylytė. Gal Beta, na, gal jau suvokietinta Beate.

Only that I think that the "correct" Lithuanisation of Szillis should be Žilys or Žilis, not Šilis, because as far as I know "sz" in East Prussian names was read as "ž"(zh). Dar galima pridėti, kad pagal tikrai memellenderišką vartoseną, ko gero turėtų būti ne Žilytė, bet Žilikė.

Oops! Excuse me inadvertently violating the rules of the English Forum and using Lithuanian here I wanted to say that according to the genuine usage of the Lithuanian dialect of Memelland, it should probably be not Žilytė, but Žilikė.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software