Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/

[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Генеалогия - история происхождения от некоего предка, который сам отнюдь не стремился выяснить свою родословную." Амброз Бирс
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)

need help with research
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
  Frozen      FORUMS -> Lithuanian Genealogy Message format 

spinbox21
Posted 2010-01-26 08:00 (#74660)
Subject: need help with research

New user

Hi everyone. I am doing some research into my family history and after doing some searching it feels like I hit a roadblock and not progressing. I was hoping someone can help me with that.

I am trying to see if there is any info avalable on russian old believers of lithuania. Is there a list of vilages or settlements where they lived? I was told that my family was from "Sadeimu Kaimas" but I was not able to find anything like that. I have some very basic facts and information.

I am looking for following surnames: Kalinov, Kalinovas, Vetrenko, Deveika

I also need help identifying military uniform and any other info.  

http://i39.tinypic.com/n5s8h.jpg external link to the original scanned picture

http://i41.tinypic.com/34shyjs.jpg external link to the enhanced picture

I would like to know as much as possible about this photo. I know its from late 1920s to late 1930s and men are wearing lithuanian uniforms. Picture is not dated. If possible I would like to find out: approx. year, location and any other information or tips. This photo belonged to my grandma. One of the soldiers on the photo is my great grandfather (GGF).  His name was  Anani Dmitrievich Kalinov. In the back of the photo there is a message form my great grandfather to my grandma. Can back of the picture give any date clues ? My grandmother was born in 1937 and I know that my family at that time was living in Lithuania.  My GGF was born around 1910. Conscripted by the military center of Volin (Волынским Рвк) region from Vileyka Voblast (Вилейская область). Served in the 15th Guards Rifle regiment (15-й гвардейский стрелковий полк) of the 2nd Guards Rifle division (2-я гвардейская стрелковая дивизия). Killed in action on 22 January 1945. Buried in settelment Domnovo, Pravdinsky region, Kaliningrad Oblast.

I would like to know if its possible to gather more information and if so how it can be done. Any help, tips, suggestions, clues, are appreciated. Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software