Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/

[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "What may be done at any time will be done at no time." Scottish Proverb
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)

Is Lovis Corinth of Lithuanian descent?
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
  Frozen      FORUMS -> Lithuanian Genealogy Message format 

incognito
Posted 2011-08-11 16:45 (#85552 - in reply to #85537)
Subject: RE: Is Lovis Corinth of Lithuanian descent?

I have read many books and seen church records with surname records. And I know there was no and not exists a Lithuanian surname like: Korinėtojas or Kopinėtojas. Because to this day a beekeeper should have universal knowledge and be able to do many things and not restrict only to collect honney or cripple. A Lithuanian surname Bitininkas (means Beekeeper) do exists, also exists female surname Bitininkienė, i.e. his wife. But such Prussian Lithuanian surnames not existed because were created with different suffixes, would be something like Bitininkeit or Bitineit. Therefore surname Corinth in no way could be Lithuanian or Prussian Lithuanian origin. The beekeper who knows only how collect honney from a hive would be bankrupt long ago. I.e. there were no reasons to appear surname from only honey-collecting activity.

Edited by incognito 2011-08-11 16:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software