Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/

[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Kitos tautos, mūruose, uolose užsirakinusios, vos ne vos išgelbėjo savo liuosybę, lietuviai ir žemaičiai, gyvendami giriose ir laukuose, mokėjo ja ilgą laiką džiaugtis ir nuo visų baisiausių savo neprietelių saugoti viena savo narsybe ir kantrybe." Simonas Daukantas, "Istorija žemaitiška" (1837)
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)

help with comaprison prussia and lithuania
View previous thread :: View next thread
       FORUMS -> Forum of Lithuanian history Message format 

petrosjan64
Posted 2012-06-07 16:52 (#90697)
Subject: help with comaprison prussia and lithuania

New user

I am student of the Gdańsk University and I wrote essey on Women in medieval society of Prussians (more or less until 13th century). I wanted to compare customs between Prussians and Lithuanians as they arevey closly kin. But I Could have found any sources about treating women in tribal Lithuania. I would actually focus on such things as (if they existed in Lithuania at all):

-the ritual of burning women after the death of her husband;
-sale of women as an act of marriage;

I would be very grateful if You would like to give me any advice where to find (I am so shamed that I even do not try to ask you for quotation it directly in email ). I hope my English is not so bad Yoy will have any problems with understanding.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software