Forum of Lithuanian History

Forum of Lithuanian history is a place for discussion on the urgent problems of the Lithuanian history. Share your opinions!

Moderator of the forum - Tomas Baranauskas

Our website - Medieval Lithuania
viduramziu.istorija.net/en/

[ Taisyklės ] [ Правила ] [ Rules ]

Medieval Lithuania
Search | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Желание нравиться своему веку часто бывает поводом к тому, чтобы не нравиться потомству." Пьер Мариво
- (Added by: Tomas Baranauskas)

Paliokas name
View previous thread :: View next thread
       FORUMS -> Lithuanian Genealogy Message format 

MST
Posted 2014-01-14 19:08 (#95192 - in reply to #95148)
Subject: Re: Paliokas name

Veteran

Hello,

Katie has been trying to find out for some years where her grandfather was born in Lithuania. On the manifest he states that he came from Mariampole. That is more likely to be the area surrounding Mariampole than the town.

Katie's great grandmother was called Miliunas and Katie has the entry from the dictionary of surnames for this name, What she needs is the entry for Paliokas and the derivatives of the name. The idea then is to compare the villages that the Miliunas families were living with the Paliokas families to see if there is a common denominator and focus the search on that area.

I have done this myself with names I have been researching and whilst not perfect it led me to further information and was fairly accurate. So if there is anyone who has access to the Lietuvių pavardžių žodynas
and could look up the Paliokas name we would be grateful. Whilst the meaning of the name is interesting it's the actual geographic locations of the Paliokas family listed in the Lietuvių pavardžių žodynas that are of particular interest.

Thank you.

Edited by MST 2014-01-14 20:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software